To limit the number of workers on a construction site, a general construction company, also called an entreprise du bâtiment, can be great solution. It has the advantage of being able to carry out all the works of your renovation or construction project. When to call a general contractor? How to choose? We will guide you step by step!
What is the role of the entreprise du bâtiment?
The general contractor gathers all the workers: masonry, electricity, plumbing, heating, painting, flooring, carpentry, etc. It provides all the work on the sites, such as:
- Electricity: realization of the electrical installation,
- Plumbing: installation of distribution and evacuation networks, installation of sanitary equipment, etc.
- Heating: Installation or replacement of the heating system, boiler, radiators, water heater, etc.
- Painting walls and ceilings.
- The laying of floor coverings.
It is also responsible for coordinating the various interventions on the project, respecting the budget and deadlines.
What are the different types of intervention?
- Make a complete renovation: when renovating an apartment or a house, the general construction company can manage the structure renovation in addition to common tasks.
- Realize an extension: to enlarge your house, The creation of floor, the construction of walls,
- The realization of the frame and the cover,
- Plumbing and heating,
- Painting, etc.
- Building a house: the general construction company works to build the foundations, the walls, the structure with the frame and the cover, the painting, the electricity, the heating or the plumbing.
In which case is hiring an entreprise du bâtiment advised?
If you are alone in managing a major renovation project, affecting many aspects of your home (electricity, plumbing, heating, flooring, etc.) and you have not used an architect or architect interior, we advise you to call a general construction company.
This will make all things simpler and easier for you to manage, than to have each batch of work done by different companies or contractors.